Nik Taylor wrote:

> "L. Gerholz" wrote:
> > He obeys much better than when I use English.
>
> He obeys at all?  Maybe I should try Japanese with my cats.  ;-)

Oh yes. But only Kotatsu responds to Japanese. I have to speak English
to the other two. I'd guess it's whatever language you start them with.
Our first two cats joined the household before I began studying
Japanese.

I'm only being slightly facetious. My mom has a knack for being able to
verbally order cats, and I seem to have picked it up from her. Her
response to the adage about "herding cats" is "what's the problem?".

Laurie
http://www.winternet.com/~milo