On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, John Cowan wrote:

> Irina Rempt-Drijfhout scripsit:
>
> > Carlotta Kruis. Interestingly, "kruis" means "crotch" as well as
> > "cross" in Dutch.
>
> No accident. [zap!]

Well, I knew that. All of it, in fact, except for the Irish
connection.

My "interestingly" refers to the fact that a porn star should live in
Crotch Street. Makes me think of a CD we have with bawdy songs from
Purcell's time (the seventeenth century), called "The Musitians of
Grope Lane". Apparently, "Grope Lane" or sometimes "Gropecuntlane" is
a common name for the red-light street in medieval and renaissance
English towns.

   Irina

            Varsinen an laynynay, saraz no arlet rastinay.
                     [log in to unmask] (myself)
       http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/index.html (English)
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/irina/backpage.html (Nederlands)