Padraic wrote:

>   But it can't quite top what I've heard
> of Porto Rican. I've had PR teachers and classmates, and they tend to l=
ose
> almost every "s" going: los castellanos =3D loh cahtellanoh; and my
> favourite, Christmas =3D Crihmeh.  We used to joke that they pronounce =
the
> first and last sounds of a word or phrase and that everything in the
> middle was compacted into an unanalysable consonant cluster.

Some how it is posible to know the L1 language of a person because of its
accent, but I supose also dialectal features will arise when people is
speaking adquired languages.  I once listened the Colombian painter and
sculptorist Fernando Botero in an interview in TV5, he was speaking in
French but I heard that it was French with _paisa_[1] accent.  It sounded
prety _paisa_... he is actually _paisa_ and it wouldn't have sounded weir=
to me if he were speaking Spanish... but French (=BF?).

Well.  If Porto Ricans drop or aspirate the syllabe final "s" even speaki=
ng
English, many other such features would surely arise.  Are any other such
cases known?  I've remember once Pablo saying how the [B], [D], [G]
allophonies of Spanish /b/, /d/ and /g/ affected him speaking in Enlgish =
or
Draseleq(sp?) which surely affects me too.  Chleweyish has those allophon=
ies
(well, the rules are a little different, actually [b], [d] and [g] are
allophonies of /B/, /D/ and /G/)...

-- Carlos Th
                                      o_o
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3Dw=3D=3D=3D=3D#######
   Chlewey Thompin                              ## ####
   http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/9028/     ## ## ##
------------------------------------------------##-## ##
                                                       ###
   - =BFPor qu=E9 no?
   - No tiene sentido.
   - =BFQu=E9 sentido?  El sentido no existe.
   - El sentido inverso.  O el sentido norte.  El sentido com=FAn, tal ve=
z.  O
sin sentido, como aqu=ED.
    (-- Graeville 2)

[1] paisa: relative to Antioquia and Caldas province in Colombia, Medell=ED=
city and sourrondings.