Kuty commented:

> One thing I can't understand.  The british expelled all their outlaws to
> Australia.  How come their descendants are so law abiding?  :-)

Just a guess, but if I were shipped to an island, even one as large as
Australia, inhabited by a bunch of criminals of all types, I suspect I'd
learn to be very polite and very careful to obey the rules in place.  It's
only in societies where violation of the rules carries little or no
consequence that violations are common.

While every place has it's good and bad, my experience has been that Aussies
are more consistently ladies and gentlemen of honor than individuals I've
encountered from any other area.

Lee