Mathias wrote:

> Dans un courrier dat=E9 du 10/07/99 04:55:31  , Pablo a =E9crit :
>=20
> > _Rin  gran   arsel imalaq    ren_
> >   with hunger being eat.3sPST man
> >   'the man ate hungrily', 'being hungry, the man ate'
>=20
> so how do you say "a man having eaten hungrily" ?

_Rin  gran   sirimaltel ren_
 with hunger PRF.eat.AP man

or else with a proper subordinate clause (since this is not Japanese):

_Ren rin  gran   sirimalaq     pod_
 man with hunger PRF.eat.3sPST he.REL
 'a man that has eaten hungrily'

>=20
> BTW funny that many natlangs also use "with" as
> comitative, instrumental and adverbizer together.

Drasel=E9q _rin_ means 'with, having (a quality); accompanied by (a perso=
n)'.
There's also _th=E4n_ 'with, using (as an instrument), bearing (a thing)'.
I think you can also make some adverbs with _lif_ 'from, by means of',
like=20

 _lif  gran   i   hans   g=FCften_
  from hunger PRT saliva make.INF
  'to drool from hunger, to hungrily drool'

where _lif gran_ could be translated as 'hungrily', emphasizing the causa=
connection between hunger and drooling (_rin gran_, while possible, would
not).

--Pablo Flores