nicole wrote:
> I'm just curious, but those of you who do use case in your language, =
how
> many do you have?  Where does it go from being "cool" to just plain
> unworkable?

Boreanesian gets away with just three cases, which is perhaps the=20
absolute minimum in any language. Until recently, I've been calling=20
them: core, oblique, and genitive. But now I have decided to rename=20
them: absolutive, oblique, and relative respectively.

The absolutive marks the focus of a sentence, while the relative is=20
used to mark non-oblique arguments that are not in focus. The=20
absolutive is also used to mark nominal predicates, while the=20
relative is also used to mark genitive relations. The oblique is an=20
all-purpose marker applied to spatio-temporal frames. It is also used=20
to mark existential/possessive/locational predicates.

-kristian- 8)