At 10:19 07/07/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Christophe Grandsire wrote:
>
>> Exactly! I understand that I was not very clear (damn English!).
>
>Yes, that's what we Irish keep saying. [1]
>
>Why not write in French first, then add interlinear English?
>I need practice in written conversational French (and Spanish).

        Oh no! You want me to die! When I read the posts from this list, my brains
switch to English and I'm nearly unable to speak in French (I must switch
back to French). And when I speak of French in a post in English, I
consider it nearly as a foreign language! That's why I sometimes have
difficulties to find out good words and to explain myself: I don't have the
vocabulary in English, but I also can't find out the French words that I
could use, because my brains have switched to English! I have the same
problem with Spanish and Japanese. That's also why I have so many
difficulties in trying to translate anything from one language to another.

>[1] Just Kidding.

                                                        Christophe Grandsire
                                                |Sela Jemufan Atlinan C.G.

"Reality is just another point of view."

homepage : http://www.bde.espci.fr/homepage/Christophe.Grandsire/index.html