[log in to unmask] writes:
>I used to have correspondences with a person who spoke a Chavacano=20
>dialect called Cavite=F1o. (Chavacano is a Spanish creole spoken in the
>Philippines). He taught me some Cavite=F1o, and the word order is NOT SV=
O.=20
>Its consistently VSO. I'll try with some examples:
>
>     ta     come usted ba
>     IMPERF eat  2sg   QP
>     'Are you eating?'
>
>     si, ta     come yo
>     yes IMPERF eat  1sg
>     'Yes, I am eating'
>
>     ta     habla elle chavacano contigo
>     IMPERF speak 3sg  chavacano with.you
>     's/he speaks chavacano with you'
>
>     na      sabe el  mga chiquitos aquel como habla chavacano
>     PERFECT know the pl  boy-pl    there how  speak chavacano
>     'those boys already know how to speak chavacano,'
>
>     porque na       aprende yo  ellos como habla
>     because PERFECT teach   1sg 3pl   how  speak
>     'because I taught them how to speak'
>
>-kristian- 8)

Interesting. My friend Liz is fluent in Chavacano. She says that the verb=
are all in the usted form (from what i see it seems to be that way with
your examples). Anyway it's wonderful creole to hear (when Liz is on the
phone with her mother she speaks Chavacano). Since Spanish lexifies
Chavacano, and the substrate is a Philippine language, it would seem to m=
to be natural for the word order to be VSO (I wonder if a Tagalog-English
creole will arise, and if it did would the word order be VSO too? :) )

=20
        =20
       "I found love on a two way street, and lost it on a lonely highway=
"