----- Mensaje original -----
De: Barry Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Para: Multiple recipients of list CONLANG <[log in to unmask]>
Enviado: S=E1bado 24 de Julio de 1999 01:58
Asunto: Re(2): [conculture] Re: The things one finds

> I did however keep the changes consistent with sounds that are produced
> from the same area of the mouth. Another question is, is it natural for
> say /g/  to become /k/ and then /k/ to become /g/?

Well, the change /k/->/g/ actually happened in Spanish, as well as /p/->/=
b/
and /t/->/d/.  But I think that voiceless->voiced is unlikely to happen a=
the same time then voiced->unvoiced.  Probably a more natural change:

  voiced stops -> voiced fricatives
  voiceless stops -> voiced stops

some time later:
  voiced fricatives -> voiceles stops

this make finnal change patterns like:
  p -> b
  t -> d
  k -> g
  b -> f
  d -> T
  g -> x

> Here's examples of the sound changes i have been doing so far:
>
> Maganda - nakamta
  maganda - nakanTa

> Dagat - takad
  dagat - Taxad