    FYI: Got info from only 2 list respondents and some stats from a Bill
Smith at AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges which reports medical
school salaries). My situation is that of an Asst. Professor level in an
employee situation with a community hospital in a consortium of hospitals
with an academic affiliation. One respondent quoted an average of $120/hr
plus benefits and a 2K-4K/month stipend for directorship depending on how
much non clinical time is spent. Another respondent quoted $165K-$210K. Both
respondents said that nonclinical time should be half of the total hours for
the director. Bill Smith said that of 89 Assistant Professor level MD's (not
necessarily in the directorship position) nationwide, 20% were getting $101K,
50% were getting 117K, and 80% were getting 135K with a mean of 119K.
With regard adult ED stats, of 527 Asst. Professor level MD's (again, not
director), 20% were making $133K, 50% were making 151K, and 80% were at 171K
with a mean of 153K.
This is all I've got as there is no data at AAMC about what PEM directors are
making if they are at my academic rank. I hope this info stimulates more
discussion as this is hardly enough data to be helpful in salary
negotiations. Thank you to those who replied.

Lorraine Gari MD

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: