Tom Wier wrote:

> There is, of course, the outside chance that people will continue to tolerate
> the ambiguity of having no plural specific pronoun.  I find this unlikely, because
> everyone I know uses one of the two, and I personally couldn't imagine not
> seeing a need for one (although I am of course very biased in this respect).

Well, add me to your list of acquaintances, then, and though I speak
a disgustingly deracinated General American in some ways, I use
"you" for both singular and plural.

--
        John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      [log in to unmask]
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! / Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,