Carl,

Been away for a week and I've got 260 messages from SCUBA-L!

>What classes are you considering taking?

Initially just Nitrox, which the local shop offers as a PADI certification,
then advanced nitrox, which I believe covers higher oxygen content mixes.
Eventually I'm interested in decompression techniques etc.

>The two big names in technical agencies are TDI and IANTD but there is
>a newcomer that has great promise - GUE (look at www.gue.com).

Yes, I've seen GUE's pages and they seem good, although they suffer from a
lack of penetration (this is no doubt due to their high standards for their
instructors, and the fact that they are quite new)

>If you're doing some real technical diving I
>would ask if he believes in DIR or the Hogarthian system.

Hmmm, I have already asked this, and he didn't know what I was talking
about! Then again, I'm the only person I know that has heard of
DIR/Hogartian style, it doesn't seem to have a following here in Australia,
even the CDAA (cave diving) doesn't seem to mention it on their website.

>There may be an Australian cave
>diving agency as well but I just haven't kept up with all that's going
>on.

There is, CDAA, although I understead they are a fairly loose affiliation,
mainly in South Australia and West Aus.

Thank's for you advice,

Craig