I suspect some divers' phobia about the new year day of Y2K may be
leaving several of the Peter Hughes dive charters unbooked for the
first week of Y2K.

I received the following which I thought some of you might be interested:

>Date: 25 Aug 99 14:36:05 -0400
>From: "Peter Hughes Diving"<[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ONCE IN 2000 YEARS!

<SNIP to the essentials>

>And in the unique spirit of Y2K, Peter Hughes Diving would like to let you
>know about an offer that you won't see in another 2,000 years.  It's called
> "WHY2K" , and it's truly special:
>
>WHY?     BECAUSE YOU CAN BRING A FRIEND FOR FREE!!!!   Caribbean
>Passengers:  Book a  "WHY2K" Week (Jan 1-8, 2000) on Wave Dancer (Belize),
>Wind Dancer (Grand Turk),  or Sea Dancer (Provo),  and YOU CAN BRING A
>FRIEND FOR FREE!!!

>Pacific Passengers can get the same deal on Sun Dancer II (Palau).  Just
>book a  "WHY2K"  week (Jan 2-9, 2000) and you can ALSO BRING A FRIEND FOR
>FREE!!!!

I would have booked this one before looking for a friend <G> (even though
it comes one day after my 16 days' stay in Cozumel) had I been able to
return on Jan 9 or Jan 10 on my Frequent Flyer Miles.   The bulk rate
of $1,500 roundtrip from ATL is not bad, but I already have enough FFM
for THREE roundtrips to Palau and will have flown 75,000 paid miles this
year to qualify for the Platinum Elite level.  So, I am not going to
pay cash for any Continental flight for awhile.

That week is about the best time of the year to dive Palau.

>NEWS/SPECIALS:  CALL 1-800 DANCER (800-932-6237) to reserve your "WHY2K"
>week right now!  Airfare is available and reasonable.  And, if your flight
>is cancelled because of Y2K problems, we will give you a future trip on the
>same vessel (boat only) for FREE !  Conditions may apply.

-- Bob.

P.S.  This is not a spam.  I am just passing on some info some Scuba-Ler's
      might like to know.  I have no business affiliation with Peter Hughes
      or any dive operation associated with his Fleet.