----- Original Message -----
From: John Nitrox <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list SCUBA-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 1999 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: Musicians

> At 12:34 PM 8/22/99 -0700, Chuck wrote:
>  > So how many musicians are hanging out in SCUBA-L?  Expiring
>  > minds want to know.
> >
>         Other than deaths and physical pain the worst memories of my youth
involve
> eight years of involuntary accordion lessons.  After five years I was
> allowed to partially switch to the trumpet which I found a little more
> pleasant, but to this day I have to leave the room when I hear a polka.

Been there done that have the t-shirt and the scars from where the accordion
bit me.  Still have
memories of the 'teacher' talking to my parents asking what instrument I
wanted to take. When I said guitar,
he took my hands and looked at them and said something like 'son your hands
will be too small why not try
the accordion.'  An XXL glove barely fits my hands so he obviously knew what
he was talking about.

I still have the urge from time to time to learn the guitar and none at all
to pick up an accordion.

At this rate of admission of musical abilities we should be able to do
Beethoven's 9th at the next NEDfest. All
we need now is a soprano and someone to conduct.  Wait!  Who conducts if the
conductor is hit by lightning?
Wouldn't that be the concertmaster?  Sounds like a job for super ghoti!

CH