--- "Carl G. Heinzl" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sweat pants add a lot more bulk than you'd think.  I
> prefer a good set of polartec underwear.  If you're
> doing any diving such that you cannot end a dive
> immediately I'd strongly consider something that
will > still provide some insulation even while wet,
along
> the lines of the DUI Thinsulate garments.
>
> On the pony bottle - if you can hand off your pony
> to someone else (e.g. you wear it like a stage >
bottle), don't consider it as part of your "normal" >
weight.

I can't hand off the pony unless they have a good
knife.
I ripped the drysuit last year and flooded it, the
sweat pants became a sodden, cold mess.  I've been
thinking about alternatives.  The USIA undergarment is
too bulky.  I did appreciate the freedom of just
having the lycra on my legs.  I'm thinking about a
lycra skin with polartec or a good pair of thermal
long johns(poly something or other) to over the lycra.
Ed