At 09:30 AM 8/21/99 -0500, Crusty wrote:
>Hi Hugh,
>>
>> One question that I do have for "Dr. Crusty: (and company :-) is on the
>> problem of generally good hearing, but (increasingly) poor ability to
>> discern conversation over background noise.   This seems to be the problem
>> that I've been having.
>>
>> -hh
>
>First, I ain't no doctor...  and you don't need one to tell you that if
>you want to better distinguish conversation you've got to first dig
>those old moldy hearing protectors out of your ears!   :-)

Good diagnosis, doc!  :)

Hugh did that because many people told him to "stick it in your ear"
and he thought it meant for him to stick those old moldy things in
there.   It's not his fault, really.  ;-)

>Perhaps you're just getting old and crotchety like Meeester Feeeesh and
>are finding less and less of interest to listen to. <BWG>

TWO mis-diagnosis there, doc!   Hugh ain't old, only crotchety; and
Feeeesh ain't crotchety, only old.   :-)

-- Bob.