Good morning all!

> >Yikes!  I'm sorry, but I'm a confirmed WWW.  I found the water in Hawaii
> >this past January just a tad too cold for me as well.  My dive operator
> >thought was joking when I asked for longjohns and not just a shorty.  I'm
> >counting this dive, my first cold dive and first wreck dive, with a 7mm
> >suit, a real challenge to my system! This will prove if I have the moxy I
> >dearly want!
>I take it that's a dry 7mm? So where on the south coast are you planning to
>dive?

Well, the suit is called a semi-dry, she said, so it's not a full-fledged
dry suit.  Sorry, don't know the technical terms, as I said, I'm a newbie at
cold water diving.

We are diving in Portland and Weymouth in Dorset.  For those unfamiliar with
English geography, that's on the south central coast.  Portland harbour has
been used for ages as a port because (a) it's fairly sheltered (good viz,
for England) (b) it's very wide and (c) it's deep enough to let shipping
vessels in.  I'm going specifically to dive the HMS Hood, which was sunk by
friendly fire oh, in 1943 or so.  _Diver_ has an article on it this month
actually so you can check it out if you want.  The allies were worried about
foreign submarines coming into the port and causing havoc so they torpedoed
the Hood and a couple of other wrecks to close off the mouth of the harbour.
  It's a fairly safe and easy dive, and the wreck is well preserved, if
completely upside-down, so it should be quite the experience.

>COLD ? It's the middle of summer girl, what ya wingeing about :-)

Oh please.  Toronto in summer reaches 40 celsius regularly. This is
positively chilly for the summer for me!

>And never mind the pound, we got decent beer !!!

This is true.  I don't have fond memories of the local, egyptian-brewed
Stella.  It tasted like it was 'brewed' at the camel market! ;)
Didn't stop us from drinking it though!

Regards,
Kat.