We have a pediatric thoracotomy tray with all pediatric insturments needed
including rib spreaders.  ITs basically the same tray our CT surgeons use
for peds hearts.  I've had an old one open and looked thru it but never
used it.  We see a fair number of blunt peds arrests, but all the
literature I've seen on pediatric trauma arrests suggests that a
thoracotomy is not a useful pursuit...

Virgil Davis, MD
Univ of Arizona