One puff of ventolin from an inhaler = 90mcg. 8 puffs,then would = .72 mg.
The normal starting pedi dose is 2.5 mg. Therefore, it would take 27 puffs,
then, to  be the equivalent of one nebulizer dose. Pretty pandemoneous
puffing, I'd say.

Anecdotal evidence in the face of the studies: my wife claims there is no
way in hades a puffer can equal a nebulizer for effectiveness. Or, in her
own words, how many of these research docs have asthma themselves and are
relegated to paltry puffing, and trying to hold your breath in the midst of
asthmatic asphyxiation, when nefarious nebulization would be far more
effective.

But hey, that's just anecdotal. And we need fact-based decision making, by gum!

Cheers, and heavy breathing.

Guy

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: