On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Carl G. Heinzl wrote:

> > Not unreasonable. OTOH, I would service my regulators before an expensive
> > dive vacation anyway, especially if the location was remote enough to have
> > concerns about the availability of repair parts or services. And I would
> > carry a spare.
>
> I personally would NEVER have them serviced immediately before a trip
> UNLESS I had the chance to put on at LEAST several dives before hand.
> I have personally been the "victim" of a set of bad HP seats that
> were in existence a few years ago.  Fortunately I had a sufficient
> number of other regs (that were not serviced) that I simply switched
> them out.

Note the absence of the word "have" between "would" and "service" in my
statement above. I do this myself. I am at least an order of magnitude
more anal about regulator service than the guy who taught me - and he is
very, very thorough.

And I never did use "immediately", though I could understand its
implication by ommission.

I agree, Carl. I always put a few dives on them after a service, before
anything critical. That's what the local shop's swimming pool and the
nearby quarry are for.

--
Art Greenberg