On 04 September 1999 07:55, Bob Cooper wrote:

> Jan Faust wrote:
>
> > Hey Y'all,
> >
> > I just got a job doing a news letter for John the Cool Dude dive shop
owner.
> > ...(Stuff snipped)
>
> > here is the story, here is what went right this went wrong and this is
what
> > could have prevented it?  What do you think :-)

> Sounds like a good idea to me.  I've written articles like this for our
dive
> club and for our store.
> I would avoid using real names though.  You don't want people to feel
badly
> about themselves  -  just become better divers.

Just to add to Bob's advice.  It's also often a good idea to make any such
articles objective rather than judgmental by soliciting several points of
view; checking the facts as thoroughly as possible; and attempting to
foresee - and de-fuse in advance - any flak that such an article might
attract!  :-)

And because dive club/dive store newsletters usually have the aim of
attracting and keeping members, they often have more (usually self-imposed),
restrictions placed on content than might be the case in broader circulating
publications.

Issues rather than specific incidents, might actually prove more productive!
:-)

Strike