----- Original Message -----
From: Dave DeBarger <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list SCUBA-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 12:30 PM
Subject: Bahamas, Bay Islands info req.

> I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has recently
> visited/dove at either the Riding Rock Inn (San Salvador) OR the
> Plantation Beach Resort (Bay Islands).

Been a few years since Plantation Beach.  We were considering acquiring the
resort at that time.

Found very hot, poorly maintained, extremely buggy and humid.  Dive boats
were constantly having problems and would motor a big half mile away for
most dive sites.

Pain in the patoot to haul gear up hill to rooms.

Food OK.  Divemaster squirrely.

But, as I say, this was around four or five years ago now, so things may
have changed.  'cept the hills.

And the bugs.

And the heat.

regards,