At 06:33 PM 9/5/99 -0700, James Morris wrote:

>I just received the following email from Mike McGittigan who is the head
>of Seawatch (http://www.seawatch.org):

<SNIP>

>>I would think that info showing the economic impact to the local
>>communities from tourism would be important. I saw a short segment on
>>CNN a while back showing the positive effect to tourism in Singapore?

<snip>

So, Mr. McGittigan has an axe to grind and more interested in TOURISM
$$$ in SINGAPORE than Whale Sharks in the Sea of Cortez which was the
grinding axe of Sr. Miguel Sanchez Navarro, but mostly about the
giant Mantas, again for TOURISM reasons.

While I am sympathetic with the associated ecological cause, I am NOT
sympathetic with anyone who subscribes to Scuba-L for the SOLE CAUSE
of SPAMMING this group, such as what you're doing.

Mr. Morris, were you ever a subscriber to Scuba-L before NOW (sept '99)?

Aren't you really spamming for your own organization Sea Watch, using
Mr. Nottigan's (head of the same organization) email to you as an EXCUSE?

>>Sea Watch
>>3939 N. Marine Drive #12
>>Portland, OR 97217
>>
>>Jim, Thanks for your help.

>Video from Seawatch will be seen in association with the upcoming "The
>Aquanauts" television series(which is about diving and was shot at
>various venues around the world)that makes its debut on Discovery's
>Animal Planet Channel in a few weeks (on September 27th at 7:30 PM and
>then repeating at 2:30 AM the next morning, but check your local
>television listing to confirm times):
>
>http://www.discovery.com/sched/domestic/series/91/2225.html

You've posted that already!   The program on September 27th has
NOTHING to do with Whale Sharks in the Sea of Cortez.  I assume
you know the difference between a WHITE shark and a WHALE shark. ;-)

From the description of those "White Shark" programs, they are
probably the same old ones I've seen a HUNDRED times of more in
Shark Week and other similar programs.

What's new?   What's the VINTAGE (date of creation) of those video
tapes, Mr. Morris?

>The following is the Web link to shark finning article which appeared in
>
>the August issue of "Discover Diving" magazine:
>
>http://www.westpacfisheries.net/genocide1.html

You have posted THAT already, in your only other posting.  Do you
know of ANYBODY who fins Whale Sharks in the Sea of Cortez?

If not, what exactly is your point in posting the above commercial
for your "sea watch" private organization TWICE in succession here?

Just curious.

-- Bob.      NED Attorney General for Spam Watch.