There! I finally did it:

Since I've been lurking on this list for over a year now, I think it's
about time I introduce myself:

My name is San Van Camp and I live near Antwerp, Belgium. I am a chemical
engineer, currently working for a photographic company.
I started Scuba-diving about 4 years ago, together with my husband, and
have enjoyed many underwater hours since. When I took my first OW classes I
found it all a bit scary, especially my first open water dives, which were
(sort of) night dives in a murky quarry. But I learned to enjoy it after
doing dive 6 and 7 of my career in Phuket,Thailand. Nowadays I grab every
dive I can, as long as the weather is not too bad. I don't mind cold water
but I hate getting (un)dressed in cold and rainy weather.

About 95% of my diving is done in Belgium and the Netherlands, which stands
for dark and cold water most of the time, but in my opinion diving here is
better than not diving at all. I have also been diving in Thailand, Spain,
Malta (Gozo), Aqaba and am leaving for Tenerife (Canary Islands) in a few
weeks ( info is welcome!). Honestly, diving in Belgium and the Netherlands
is not that bad, just different.

The fact that I started taking classes together with my husband, who had
already dived once before in Egypt, had its good and bad (oops, that means
trouble tonight!) moments. When we were allowed to dive together after
being OW-certified we were teamed up together all the time. In the
beginning I liked it because I knew I could rely on him to help me out if
necessary and because he was the only one who knew my preferences and
dislikes. Communicating UW was easy too. It still is , and that's a big
advantage. But after logging all my dives (about 50) with the same buddy it
was starting to get boring. Since we are now involved in teaching new
students we don't get to dive together that much anymore and are both (I
think) looking forward to spending some scuba time together in Tenerife.

Well that's it for now, I think you'll read from me again!

San