First the question: Are there any natlangs that do not have sounds in
the bilabial and labiodental zones? I'm trying to make my language's
phonology less English-like (and more interesting in the process).

BTW, I invented my first word the other day:

i dakuT - "the alphabet", comes from the first 5 letters of the
alphabetic sequence ("i" is  the definite article for the conceptual gender)

BTW again, there are 5 genders (with their definite articles):

human [iI]
animal [iu]
matter [ilu]
concept [i]
divine [iluh&~n] (largely vestigial, used in ancient texts and modern
affective authors)

--
Dan Seriff <[log in to unmask]>

"Mozart is just God's way of making the rest of us feel inferior."
        - David Barber