Lars Henrik Mathiesen wrote:
> In the
> non-prestige sociolects, there is no grammatical case at all, just a
> rule that a single personal pronoun as subject just before the finite
> verb takes a special form: 'I run' but 'Me and Bob run' (and 'Bob sees
> me').

In fact, it could be argued that "I" has become a clitic like French
"je" in non-prestige dialects, while "me" is the free form.

> Not because their victims are pretentious, but
> because their language has no category like 'nominative noun phrase'
> that would allow them to restrict its application to grammatical
> subjects.

Much like /h/ in dialects without it, when attempting to use the /h/, it
will often be added to words that don't properly have an /h/, like
"arm".

--
"If all Printers were determin'd not to print any thing till they were
sure it would offend no body, there would be very little printed" -