alypius wrote:
> That's because our schools don't teach formal grammar anymore.  Students
> aren't taught that English prepositions take the accusative case.  Heck,
> most students don't even know what an accusative case is.  In fact, I'll bet
> some teachers don't even know!

That's rather an exageration, it may be true in some parts of the
nation, but not everywhere, it's not true where I grew up (NW Florida),
for one.  Of course, we didn't use the term "accusative", but rather
"direct object", but then, that's the normal term in English grammars.

Of course, knowing that it's "wrong" doesn't stop me from saying "me and
Charlie".  :-)

--
"If all Printers were determin'd not to print any thing till they were
sure it would offend no body, there would be very little printed" -