At 11:07 pm +1200 20/9/99, andrew wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Thomas R. Wier wrote:
>
>> This reminds of the (in)famous phrase once used by some
>> American pastor whose name escapes me at the moment in favor
>> of English only legislation:  "If English is good enough for Jesus,
>> it's good enough for us.".
>>
>I've been waiting years for this thread to resurface so that I could feel
>justified in quoting this song which a philatelist friend has supplied me
>with the lyrics.

[snip]
>> The Queen's English was
>> Good enough for Jesus Christ
>> And it's good enough for me." (x2)

Oh really! There is a language spoken in Britain which is far older than
English. Why do think that language is called "iaith y nefoedd" (the
language of *heaven*)?

When Joseph of Arimathaea took the young boy, Jesus, on one of his trading
expeditions and visited Glastonbury, it wasn't English Joseph & Jesus heard
on the lips of the Britons.  Jesus, of course, would know the language of
heaven; I suspect that Joseph brought him along as interpreter!

Aw, come on, you guys - get the facts right!

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau!
Amen.

Ray.