At 08:21 PM 9/22/99 +1000, Strike wrote:
>On 22 September 1999 22:57, Kuty wrote:
>> At 09:40 22/09/99 +1000, Strike wrote:
>> >On  22 September 1999 00:05, Carl G. Heinzl, wrote:
>I don't know about rumours <BWG> but it's the reason the RN placed a

When I saw that and the ABSENCE of an amendment by Strike, the Devil
tempted me to say that I recall Strike saying 1.1.  :-)   That's
one Good Thing <tm> about resisting the Devil before checking the
facts <BG>, because I would not have been precisely correct because
Strike only PREDICTED 1.1.   :-)   NOW we have the quote (FACT) from
the horsie's mouth:

>It dropped to 1.6 after US Navy studies and then lower.  I believe the US
>Navy now have a set-point of 1.3!  And I'll repeat what I said some time
>last year to a similar post - I bet it'll be dropped to 1.1 within the next
>few years!  :-)
>
>Strike

NAME THE YEAR and I may call your bet!   :-)

Strike, the last time you said it, you didn't quantify the future which
rendered it impossible to ascertain (within our lifetime) the truth
or falsehood of your statement. :-)

But THIS time, you were bolder in your prediction and said "within the
next few years", which means I'll PROBABLY live that long to be able
to collect the bet when you lose, if I can only pin you down for the
precise meaning (number) of "a few".  :-)

I BET that it'll be dropped to 0.05 ... but I ain't naming the year!  <BG>

Why 0.05 and not 0?   Glad you asked.  :-)

To protect the clueles CERTIFIED divers (as scuba becomes increasingly
popular while the failure rate of certification remains virtually zero)
while not outlawing the bathtub and jaccuzzi.  :-)

Sermon on the Seamount:

A CONSTANT value of PPO2 (WITHOUT qualification and quantification
of time of exposure and OTHER pertinent factors) is for pedants, no
matter WHAT that number is.

Rules are reminders to the wise and guidance to fools.

Confucius say, "Man with too many Rules of Thumb, soon be all thumbs."

Etc. etc.   :-)

-- Bob.