David Strike wrote:

> On 22 September 1999 00:16, Carl G. Heinzl, wrote:
>
> > If there was ONE area to be paranoid about I would agree with
> > Maria - the valves of the tanks would be by far the most
> > important item to clean.  But, once you clean the valves,
> > you might as well clean the tank...  Simple Green does the
> > trick.
>
> Why just the valve and not the first stage of the regulator as
> well?
>
> Strike

Because the valve is used throughout the entire tanks FILLING
process.  As someone else pointed out (sorry, I forget who
it was), the actual flow rate through the 1st stage is low, but
during the filling process the flow rate is at it's highest.
It's also during the filling process that the most heat is
generated due to the prolonged time that the gas flows
through the valve.

Carl