At 10:27 AM 9/23/99 +1000, Strike wrote:
>On 22 September 1999 22:41, Reef Fish wrote: (Re PPO2's)
>
>> >It dropped to 1.6 after US Navy studies and then lower.  I believe the US
>> >Navy now have a set-point of 1.3!  And I'll repeat what I said some time
>> >last year to a similar post - I bet it'll be dropped to 1.1 within the
>next
>> >few years!  :-)
>> >
>> >Strike
>>
>> NAME THE YEAR and I may call your bet!   :-)
>
>I just know I'm going to have great difficulty getting out of this
>minefield - but if I tip-toe carefully enough ...!  :-)

In high falsetto and ukalele background ... "tip toe, through the
tulips ..."    May we call you Tiny Strike now?    :-)

>> Strike, the last time you said it, you didn't quantify the future which
>> rendered it impossible to ascertain (within our lifetime) the truth
>> or falsehood of your statement. :-)
>
>> But THIS time, you were bolder in your prediction and said "within the
>> next few years", which means I'll PROBABLY live that long to be able
>> to collect the bet when you lose, if I can only pin you down for the
>> precise meaning (number) of "a few".  :-)
>
>I'll play! :-)
>
>And bearing in mind that 'few' is a relative term - I'll say by the year,
>2005! <BG>  (By then I'll have forgotten who I am, but I'll put up a bottle
>of good Australian red wine against a bottle of good Californian!)  :-)

No fair!  As one who offered to bet, you should have let ME name the
bet!   Besides, isn't "good Australian red wine" an oxymoron?  <BG>
"a bottle of good Californian"?  How many good Californians (if there's
such as thing <G>) can you stuff into a wine bottle?  Disgusting!  :-)

Neither bet reward is worth winning!  :-)   That must be what you
mean by tip-toeing ... through a losing bet.   <BG>

-- Bob.