On 23 September 1999 11:50, Reef Fish, wrote!

US
> >next

> >> NAME THE YEAR and I may call your bet!   :-)
> >
> >I just know I'm going to have great difficulty getting out of this
> >minefield - but if I tip-toe carefully enough ...!  :-)
>
> In high falsetto and ukalele background ... "tip toe, through the
> tulips ..."    May we call you Tiny Strike now?    :-)

Yes!   ('Cause I'm going to have to 'fess up to obfuscation - it weren't
deliberate!  But I did think that I might try and battle my way out of it.
<BWG>  There are, however, more landmines than I first thought - and
insufficient room for tap-dancing!)  :-)

As far as I'm aware, the USN has set a PPO2 limit on AIR diving operations
of 1.3!

As I recall from last year, my prediction of 1.1 was based on what I
believed would eventually be the maximum PPO2 adopted for AIR - before
switching to mixed gas!  :-)

(I'll still stand by that forecast!)  :-)

> >> Strike, the last time you said it, you didn't quantify the future which
> >> rendered it impossible to ascertain (within our lifetime) the truth
> >> or falsehood of your statement. :-)

> >> But THIS time, you were bolder in your prediction and said "within the
> >> next few years", which means I'll PROBABLY live that long to be able
> >> to collect the bet when you lose, if I can only pin you down for the
> >> precise meaning (number) of "a few".  :-)

> >I'll play! :-)
> >
> >And bearing in mind that 'few' is a relative term - I'll say by the year,
> >2005! <BG>  (By then I'll have forgotten who I am, but I'll put up a
bottle
> >of good Australian red wine against a bottle of good Californian!)  :-)
>
> No fair!  As one who offered to bet, you should have let ME name the
> bet!   Besides, isn't "good Australian red wine" an oxymoron?  <BG>

WOT!!!!  All those little Cab. Sav. grapes ripening in the southern sun will
turn into raisins if they hear you say that!  :-)

> "a bottle of good Californian"?  How many good Californians (if there's
> such as thing <G>) can you stuff into a wine bottle?  Disgusting!  :-)

Forget the wine bottle then.  Just send me a 'Baywatch Babe'!  :-)

> Neither bet reward is worth winning!  :-)   That must be what you
> mean by tip-toeing ... through a losing bet.   <BG>

I promise you an excellent bottle of red wine next year - unless, of course,
you want to go double or nothing on this hour's crystal ball gazing?  :-)

Strike