David Strike wrote:

> On 23 September 1999 17:03, Christian Gerzner wrote:
>
> >What follows will appear in the November edition of my club's journal.
> >Its a salutary tale.
>
> >An account of an incident which happened whilst diving from the Terrigal
> >Underwater Group's club boat on the 18th September, 1999 on the
> >shipwreck of the Galava (50msw/164fsw).
>
> (Great account snipped)
(snip)

> Bloody hell, Mate!  What an experience!  (They'd still be cleaning out the
> suit had it been me! And I would've probably lost the camera as well!)  :-)
>
> I'm very glad that you seem to have pulled through it OK.

Its amazing what you learn when you send things like this. The incident
was written and lived through by Neil Vincent (Lyn is his wife) and he's
a considerably better u/w photographer than I am. Indeed I can't even
call myself an u/w photographer at the moment since I've just sold the
RS AF.

These two are penetration standard Cave Divers and Neil is actually also
commercially qualified. He was one of the Quest team if anyone remembers
that series.

Neil and Lyn are about the coolest (in the old fashioned description of
that word) divers that I have perhaps met. I am _very_ proud of the fact
that I was principally instrumental in them becoming members of the club
quite a few years ago now.

But that's another story. ;-)

Cheers,

Christian