At 07:01 PM 9/23/99 -0800, Kent Lind wrote:
>John Bird wrote:
>
>> 2 cents worth here from moi, and I'm sure Strike can add to this.
>> For those attending the Cairns Y2K NEDfest, the liveaboard operators in
>> Queensland are particularily fussy about those performing reverse profiles
>> whether intentionally or accidentally.
>> On my most recent trip I accidently (stupidly) pulled a 1.5 meter reverse
>> profile on my 2nd dive of the day. The Dive Supervisor gave me a
>> well deserved
>> "dressing down" for that and I was cautioned. Another passenger pulled a 9
>> meter reverse profile and he was banned from diving for 12 hours.
>> Kinda put a
>> crimp into his diving plans, but thems the rules.
>> And the last 15 feet....yup...slowly, slowly.
>
>So, let me get this straight.  Say that I'm planning to do a dive to 100' in
>the afternoon and this specific dive must be done in the afternoon due to
>tides, location, or whatever reason.  As long as I do my morning dive to a
>depth below 100' and avoid a "reverse profile" then everything is copecetic.
>But, if I "accidentally" do a shallow dive in the morning and don't go deep
>enough, then I'm "dressed down"  for doing a reverse profile?

Kent, of course you got that straight!  :-)  Except you might have overlooked
that fact that "below 100'" may itself be verbotten.

>You guys have an interesting approach to dive planning and dive safety down
>there!
>
>-Kent-

YOu must have been a graduate of the "Refinement of Human Relationships"
course run by Strike and Sylvia. <BG>

I had posted my reaction to the "interesting approach".   I just politely
called those Dive Supervisors "Officious Bastards".   ;-}

-- Bob.