On 24 September 1999 16:08, Christian Gerzner wrote:

> > I believe that the story's true - it's just that Christian *forgot* to
> > credit it to the writer, Neil Vincent - and as a consequence received
some
> > mis-placed, 'Get well soon' posts!  :-)
>
> Guyettess and Guys,
>
> It really did not occur to me that it might be taken that *I* was the
> person involved and I _did_ try to clear up that misunderstanding as
> soon as possible. Apologies all.

I forgive you!  (But only because I've eaten all of the grapes and
chocolates that I bought as 'get well soon' gifts!)  In any event it was a
really good tale and - having just watched the 'shorts' of "Deep Blue Sea" -
gave me goose-bumps!  :-)

> You can, however, take it as read that this incident _did_ occur just as
described.

I didn't doubt that!  Honest!  :-)

> I have never before heard of such events without some contributing
> factor (shark feeding comes to mind)... anybody?

Even in those feeds that I've witnessed, the whalers were more interested in
the nosh than the divers.  Unpredictable little devils, aren't they!  :-)

And I'm still glad that YOU are OK!  :-)

Strike