> The Nemesis croaked on the NEXT dive, counted as the 6th dive of the
> day, ANOTHER reverse profile, to 145 fsw max!   This dive on the
> Three Fathom Wall was the "fatal dive" that caused a prolonged flame
> war on rec.scuba for MONTHS, led by Mike Cochran, his ad agent the
> WetOne, and gang ... until the simulation results come in (all diagnosed
> as NO DECO) and Cochran et al were finally flamed off the net, by
> Carl <G> (while I was too busy diving!).

Wow - that was some time ago.  I believe I did have a bit of
help from you! :^)  The funny thing was that the WetOne
(Bill Thackery, who just happens to be with Peter Ready's
rebreather company now - BEWARE!!!) would pop up in different
venues everytime someone complained about a Cochran computer.

He'd *ALWAYS* say - "That's the FIRST time I've heard about
a complaint against the Cochran Computer - I've done over
600 dives with one - ah yadda yadda", and every time he
poked his head up I'd remind him of recent complaints on
the techdiver list, compuserve (someone there fed me the
information) or elsewhere in which someone complained
and he'd said the SAME thing.  Either he has amnesia or
he just lies a lot.  Either way, I know one thing, I sure
won't be diving ANY rebreather that HE is connected with.

Ole Mikey (Cochran) had promised to do the analysis of
the dives (Feesh had sent him the profiles - or did you
actually send him the computer so he could download
them himself?) and post the results.  Funny, we never saw
any posting of the results even though we asked for them
for at least a couple of years.

Carl