Haven't taken the class yet, but it sounds like you
have a good point Art.
I got to thinking about what I wrote & how the other
diver used his pony on every safety stop.  In this
case he uses a 19cf pony with a 40% mix.  He does 5
dives & 5 safety stops, of at least 3 minutes.  You
can't get EAN on the island we were on so no chance of
re-filling the pony.  We were doing fairly deep dives,
80 - 100fsw, if he had had to use the pony in an
out-of-air situation, let's say at the  beginning of
the 5th dive, chances are he wouldn't have had much to
work with.
Thoughts?
Ed