On 25 September 1999 01:10, Walt Johnson wrote - re Birdo's

> >All boat dives in Queensland are logged for each diver and the use of
> computers
> >is encouraged. Periodically they even want to see the read-out upon
> re-boarding
> >the vessel. Any anomalies are usually discovered pretty quickly. (Like
> Birdo's
> >faux pas that particular day!)

> So how do they keep losing divers if they are that anal? :-0

I wasn't aware that they did "keep losing divers"!  But I'm always prepared
to learn !  :-)

Or are you referring to the much publicised incident when two Americans
disappeared after diving from a boat out of Port Douglas, at the beginning
of last year?  At just about the same period of time when there were two
diver Training deaths in Florida, (at least we wait until divers are
certified before 'losing' them!):  One - at least - death at Stoney Cove in
the UK!  And SIX divers lost from a liveaboard in Indonesia!)

Strike