Walt wrote:

>> So how do they keep losing divers if they are that anal? :-0

Strike replied:

>I wasn't aware that they did "keep losing divers"!  But I'm always prepared
>to learn !  :-)

>Or are you referring to the much publicised incident when two Americans
>disappeared after diving from a boat out of Port Douglas, at the beginning
>of last year?  At just about the same period of time when there were two
>diver Training deaths in Florida, (at least we wait until divers are
>certified before 'losing' them!):  One - at least - death at Stoney Cove in
>the UK!  And SIX divers lost from a liveaboard in Indonesia!)

OK. OK. So maybe I exaggerated a little bit. :-) I still can't imagine
heading back to port without everyone on board. I guess I just haven't been
on a big enough cattle boat that people get lost in the crowd. You have to
admit there is a little difference between tracking everyone's depth on
every dive and not realizing they didn't even come back from a dive.

Here we go with those darn statistics again but, I believe there were three
deaths in the Florida incident. That wasn't the type of "losing divers" I
was talking about anyway.

Walt