On 25 September 1999 07:34, Carl G. Heinzl wrote:
> The incident you are talking about was indeed on a training
> dive.  This was one incident that really brings the hammer
> down on instructors not taking proper care of their
> students and making sure that they are using proper
> equipment.  Note - Proper equipment in this case (deep
> ocean dive) does NOT include twin LP steel tanks (manifolded
> AL80's would have been more appropriate, with stages
> if necessary), wetsuit (drysuit is your redundant
> bouyancy), etc.  The diver was GROSSLY overweighted
> in this case.  All of this could have been avoided.

G'Day, Carl!  I used to keep a file of 'incidents' on my old machine that I
saved to floppy disks and  I'm damned if I can remember wot I dun with them!
Now that you've jogged my memory, I seem to recall that there were a couple
of similar tragedies round about this period, (or am I confusing the same
one?).

Strike