On  25 September 1999 08:49, Reef Fish wrote:
(Big snip)

> >> The 430,000 number is fishy (ob scuba <g>) at best.  For all I know,
that
> >> could have been the population of Queensland 429,900 of whom are
> >non-divers
> >> who favorite sport is wambat-watching!  :-)

I responded with:
> >The dirty little perverts!  :-)

And Bob replied with:
> The wambats or the Queenslanders?  :-)

This prompted Chuck to write:
>wambat?? Is that some perverse cross between a Queenslander and a WOMBAT?

It's an easy mistake to make!  The WOMBAT is, of course, a creature shaped
much like myself who eats, roots, shoots and leaves!  :-)

Whereas the WAM-BAT is similar to a flying-fox but survives solely by eating
over-ripe and fermenting mangos'.  As a consequence its perpetually legless
state causes it to fall out of the trees where it roosts onto the heads of
passers by.  Wam!  :-)

Hopefully that's helped clear up that little taxanomical misunderstanding!
:-)

Strike