David Strike wrote:

> On 25 September 1999 07:34, Carl G. Heinzl wrote:
> > The incident you are talking about was indeed on a training
> > dive.  This was one incident that really brings the hammer
> > down on instructors not taking proper care of their
> > students and making sure that they are using proper
> > equipment.  Note - Proper equipment in this case (deep
> > ocean dive) does NOT include twin LP steel tanks (manifolded
> > AL80's would have been more appropriate, with stages
> > if necessary), wetsuit (drysuit is your redundant
> > bouyancy), etc.  The diver was GROSSLY overweighted
> > in this case.  All of this could have been avoided.
>
> G'Day, Carl!  I used to keep a file of 'incidents' on my old machine that I
> saved to floppy disks and  I'm damned if I can remember wot I dun with them!
> Now that you've jogged my memory, I seem to recall that there were a couple
> of similar tragedies round about this period, (or am I confusing the same
> one?).
>
> Strike

Strike,

There were two incidents in Florida specifically, but only
one of them was a "triple drowning" and that was the one I
mentioned above.

The second one was a young woman (Jane Ornstein) who trusted
her life to an instructor who simply was not trustworthy.
I don't have the specifics right in front of me, but a search
through the cavers and/or techdiver archives should yield
the relevant information.

Carl