At 12:25 AM 9/25/99 -0400, Lee wrote:
>Bob, ;;you are not the list police, you are not the free speach police and
>you damned well don't get to tell me what I may or may not, should or should
>not say.

You're wrong again, Lee!  To say that I am the "free speech police"
is as absurd as calling the Pope a "non-Catholic"!   I am the CHAMPION
of free speech and freedom of expression in this Open Forum.

No, Lee.  I didn't tell you what you may or may not do.

I had suggested that you stay away from those subjects that you knew
NOTHING about, and waste much bandwidth arguing and whining when you
were told of your ERRORS.

You came back with some irrelevant statements about "statistics" and said

>>My point is something very different, something I think you will
>>agree with without reservation (if you ever agree without reservation).
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Yes I do, but ONLY when the statements are correct!   :-)

I gave Strike a PERFECT SCORE on one of his replies didn't I?  ;-)
Not that he needed to be scored by me.  Just my way of complimenting
others when they do have something to say, and said it well.

Lee, you've had a dry spell for awhile, in terms of saying anything
well because you kept straying into territories in which you knew
NOTHING, in math related subjects where BS will not get you far!

But for YOU, Lee, you couldn't even make sense out of something
that you THOUGHT I will agree, because it was nothing but ERORRS
on your part about the meaning of the word "statistics"!

That was why I said,

>As a matter of fact, that's a VERY GOOD reason that you should NOT
>have even mentioned the word "statistics", because it's not relevant
>to your next statement, and you were WRONG about the usage of
>"statistics" -- and that's not a nitpick either.

That was the context I said you SHOULD not.  It's not what you twisted
into calling that an act of "anti free speech police".  Below was why:

>> In
>>this context, I find only a couple of "statistics" to be important.  Did I
>>and all my friends come back undamaged?  Did we enjoy the dive?

I explained why THAT was complete NONSENSE on your part!

I ended the post with this analysis of YOUR post,

>Why didn't you just say what you said in those four lines in the FIRST
>PLACE, without bringing in any of the foreplays, overtures, or prologues
>that added nothing to what you had to say OTHER THAN introducing more
>confusion about "statistics"?  :-)

And NOW you're whining some more because of THAT post:

>Tell you what.  Remove the log from your own eye before trying to
>remove the splinter from the eye of another.

I see very clearly.   Thankyouverymuch!

>Congratulations.  you now have
>the honor of being the first person to ever join my kill file.

Before reading my reply, I suppose.   The mistakes you made in the
subjects of math, stat, and probability are PATHETIC.   The saddest
part of it is that you DIDN'T NEED to stick you nose into any of it
in order to discuss SCUBA.   You CHOSE to argue, and argue, and argue
(for your own ego gratification) and made up your own nonsensical
definitions to suit yourself -- which exposed your ignorance in the
subjects even more.

All I asked was for you to REFRAIN from entering into those subjects
UNNECESSARILY, especially when you are completely ill-equipped to
discuss those subjects!   You did some more.   Made more mistakes.
Each time I corrected your mistakes, you find more excuses and
blames on everything BUT YOURSELF.

Now we have the ultimate weapon from the intelletual coward -- I'll
killfill you.

Grow up, Lee.

If you can't stand being corrected of the errors you kept coming back
for more, then you shouldn't have come back for more.

>I'm through
>with your attitude, conceit and abuse.  You have nothing to offer worth the
>baggage you send along with it.

On those exchanges of ours on those subjects in question, and for which
you've been whining while coming back for more, you had ZERO substance
to offer, but vacuous arguments for more bandwidth-wasting corrections.

I hope you'll get over your tantrum and come back to discuss matters of
SCUBA and other topics in which you do have something of substance to
discuss.

Otherwise, it is a pleasure to be killfiled by you so that I don't have
to waste my time and Scuba-L bandwidth to go over your nonsense!

-- Bob.