On 25 September 1999 22:50, Lee Bell wrote:

> > I don't know whether other Australians would agree with me?, (probably
> not -
> > on principle!<BWG>), but in some respects the regulations and Codes of
> > Practice that govern diving (certainly those that apply in Queensland),
> > while seemingly well-intentioned, do *sometimes*  tend to work against
the
> > diving industry's best interests.
>
> I find that I'm interested in having a better understanding of the rules
> applied to Australia and Queensland.  Are they accessable on the Net?

G'Day, Lee!  I believe that all of the States have different Workplace
Health & Safety Regulations (in the case of Queensland there's a report on
that organisations web-site of Task Force recommendations to govern diving).
There's also an Australian Recreational Diving Code of Practice which, as
far as I know, is not on any Net site. ( When I get time, I may type it up
and post it privately to interested parties).

Strike