> >In fact, I'll ask the general question - has ANYONE ever heard of
> >a problem using a NON O2 cleaned regulator with ANY grade of EAN
> >or Pure O2?
>
> That's about as unambiguous and as general and pointed a question as
> I've ever heard!   :-)
>
> Yes!  Strike forgot to clean (not sure about the O2-clean part <g>) his
> regulator in Singapore before a dive, and almost swallowed a cockroach!
> Actually, I am also not sure if it was Strike or not.  <BG>
>
> Otherwise, my answer to your question is "no".  :o)

I, too, have never heard of a problem using a NON-O2 cleaned regulator,
although I personally do O2 clean my own regs that I use on deco bottles.
It's too easy not to if you're doing your own servicing.

The one thing I am neurotic about is cleaning the valves of tanks
that I'm filling using partial pressure blending. I think that's
the area of biggest risk (and I agree with Carl about filling slowly...)

                        -Maria