On 27 September 1999 16:09, Christian Gerzner wrote:

> > On what basis do you say that they were "insufficiently trained"?  :-)

> Nope, didn't say that, wot I said was "I find it quite easy to imagine
> that ... the diver was insufficiently trained" :)

Er!  Did I miss something in the translation - or should I have asked, "Why
do you *imagine* that the diver was insufficiently trained"? :-)

> Then Lee proved it by acknowledging that he had received rather a lack
> of proper training on his nitrox course. Leastways I _think_ his
> response could be construed in this fashion? :-)

I wasn't aware that Lee was on the same course as the person that I was
referring to!

> > The point that I was attempting to make had nothing to do with the
calibre
> > of the training, but rather related to that individual's mental attitude
> > about diving and their apparent failure to understand the responsibility
> > that they had to themselves and to others with whom they might be
diving.
> > (This person classes themself as a 'good' diver and frequently dispenses
> > advice to the "less-gifted"!)  :-)
>
> Strike, I can tell, ya criticisin' me n'all AGAIN. ;-)

Not at all!  I'm commenting on the attitude and behaviour of the person that
I originally referred to!  But if the cap fits ...!  :-)

> Yet I think I kinda, if only in part, answered (in advance) your above
> comments with what follows:

> > > LB: It was proven to me a long time before this.  My course with TDI
> > > simply confirmed what I was already sure of.
>
> > Those TDI blokes must be great Instructors.  It takes me three
class-room
> > sessions just to warm-up!  :-)

> Strike, remind me please _never_ to take one of your courses. ;-)

Garn, wiv yer!  I might learn something even if you refuse to!  :-)

Strike