In a message dated 9/20/99 7:29:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Don't rightly remember if it submerged at the pier or if they pulled it
 out into the channel or up to the weapons station. But they did
 submerge it to get thru the storm.

 Anyone with better details?

 -Traci

Hello Traci,

No I don't have any better details but I do have a theory. Most bays where
there is a naval installation have dredged channels that are deeper in
relation to the rest of the bay.  Since the boat is in the bay and is
protected by the land on both sides that act like a buffer I suspect that the
boat just dropped down into the dredged channel to ride the storm. Should be
a pretty safe harbor for it.

Just my theory from a non military diver.. some of the others on this list
probably know for sure.

Take care,

Ray