Jay Bowks wrote:

> Interesting logic... you bad mouth Gode and then assert yourself
> as judge of what works and doesn't...
>
> Charles, you're giving me the heebee-jeebees, bud!
>
> Frankly whatever methods De Wahl used were far more capricious
> than anything IALA developped.

He didn't claim to *own* it or *define* it. Anybody can find
the international words, it isn't difficult. Kosmoglott went 5 years
without any dictionary, people just wrote and were understood.
Why have a dictionary at all? Or at least make a good one.

> The methodology aside... there is
> a reference on the IED of [bracketed] entries taken from a current
> IAL that are not in opposition to an extracted international vocabulary,
> words like [yo] [ma] [ya] etc.

Yes. I hear that the IAists argue about "sed" vs. "ma", which is just
silly. Use one, and if you aren't understood, try another. Big deal!

> Now back to the Methods...  Of course IALA considered other
> IALs in developping the vocabulary... all the conferences and the
> research accomplished much in the way of comparative evaluation.

They had a word list before they started.
It was pre-cooked. A hoax. Pseudo-science.

> Inquiries and questionaires were sent out to linguists and language
> experts throughout the world with the aim of developping a system
> that "works".

After the fact, yes, a selected bunch of what, 200 samideanos?
A real linguist would do field work out among the natives,
without preconceived notions - and that would have been fun.
Gode never left the office. Phony.

> And Interlingua de IALA works for me. I use it to
> correspond with people whose mother tongue is different than
> mine and we communicate fine, we exchange ideas, we argue,
> we compliment each other and at times we have a hearty laugh.
> Which for me has made learning Interlingua de IALA very worthwhile.

Which you would not need Ia for, knowing Spanish etc.
A language teacher has no need for any particular auxlang.
It's the masses of people who need one.

> P.S. Now Charles, stop your nonesense... "quacky son of Bob"!  :-)))

Stop joking, I want to be angry.