Very interesting, Jeff,
BITRUSCAN has three vowels  "I U A" a la Arabic
and the consonants I chose as follows
"B T R S C N" with C = K always and the
combination NB creating a sort of M.
I chose R but with the idea that the different
"r's" of Spanish, French, and English are
within acceptable range... even an "L" would
be ok here if continued throughout the speech
pattern of an individual or group... but what do
you expect from a minimalist language right???
:-)
The Bitruscans, well, they live in a dry climate
reminescent of Baja California or perhaps the
Saharan Wasteland... Borrowed words have to
conform to proper Bitruscan phonology ;-)
thus Washington is UASINTUN...
Moscow is MUSCU...
London is RUNTRUN...
Madrid is NBATRITS...