> Chris Burd wrote:
>
> > > Prof. Andre' Martinet, director del studies de IALA
> > > informa nos que il demisset de su oficie
> > > e que il refusa assumar alquel responsabilite'
> > > concernent li forme del lingue quel va publicar,
> > > eventualmen, ti association.
>

> I understand that this may be difficult to accept.
> But the truth is what it is, not what it should be.

What exactly does the news item say, in your opinion? That he was fired? If so, might it not fall into the same category of reporting as the "Titanic strikes iceberg: All saved" that appeared in an April, 1912 New York paper?

Given that we have statements on the matter from Martinet that he quit because the project was underfunded in his opinion, and one from Cosmoglotta, while taking a rather alarmist tone, doesn't really contradict that view, why are you assuming some juicy scandal? Surely you are running the risk of cherry-picking the reports that support your preconceptions, and ignoring contrary data.

Cheers,

Chris